Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Wednesday 3 February 2010

Cactus Rose


Now that the wedding ring quilt has moved to a hand project, it's time to pull out another of my machine UFO's to work on. I've decided to get back to Judy Niemeyer's  Cactus Rose, which is another of those instances where I saw a quilt, fell in love, and had to do it. I ordered the pattern, and the foundation paper to go with it, started it, and got really intimidated by the scale of the project, and so put it away. I have 4 of the star point units done, and 2 more partially finished. Lots of time yet, to go into this one, but isn't that what cold winters are for? I have to work at the hospital this afternoon, so I think I'll spend the time before i go in getting re-aquainted with this project, and maybe even get some sewing done on it. I'm not quilt obsessed, am I?

3 comments:

  1. That is going to be stunning--you'll have it done in no time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is quite a quilt. I can see why you fell in love with it. Look forward to watching your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW, this is going to be gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.