Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Tuesday 9 March 2010

Books in the mail

What a beautiful day. It is warm enough for a long walk, and then a sit down with a cup of tea, and my new books, on the front porch. Pure bliss. I received 4 new books in the mail, all ordered because of quilts, or posts I've seen in blogs recently. Wanna see? So many choices, so many lovely quilts just waiting to be made. Do I need any more ideas? probably not, but it sure is fun browsing through these books for ideas to use up some of this fabric I have here. The problem is, now I confronted with over abundance of choice. Which one should I do? Which one do I like best? I don't know. Maybe I should just decide on a book, then decide on one of the quilts in it. Hmmmmm, what to do, what to do? I think the first step is going to be getting off the computer, and digging into my fabric. Then, maybe a decision will come out and hit me on the head, gently, I hope. (giggle). Right now, I'm leaning towards cutting up some of the pile of fabric on my cutting table, into 2 1/2 inch strips, and then digging into the scrap basket surprises book. To be really efficient, and also have an excuse to start something else, I'll grab my baskets of 2 1/2 inch squares and start a leaders and enders for a split nine patch. There, partial decision made, at least, and so far nothing has hit me over the head.

1 comment:

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.