Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Saturday 27 March 2010

Cabin fever

I think I have a really bad case of cabin fever. I'm moody, and grumpy, and irritable, and can't seem to settle down to doing anything constructive. I feel like I'm jumping around inside my skin, and I don't like it, not one bit. It seems like this winter has gone on forever. I'm longing for warm breezes, warm sunshine, and sitting out in my yard watching the roses bloom. This is a pic of my shrub rose bush, in full bloom from last year, which I took from my lovely swing, where I have my coffee every morning in the warm weather. It's my favourite place to be to read, or do hand work, other than when we are off on one of our camping trips. I'm reading other blogs of people in the southern states, and they are talking about temperatures in the 70's, and here we sit, near freezing. I love my country, and wouldn't want to live anywhere else other than Canada, but, winter stinks............ there, I said it. I try to be patient, and I try not to complain, at least not publicly. I try to be positive, but, winter stinks. However, spring always comes, and always will as long as the earth endures, and yet, I still have cabin fever. I'm longing to get out into the garden and get my hands dirty. I love planting things and watching them grow. I love the smell of the lavender bushes, and the sound of the water on our pond. It's fun to watch the birds as they come to drink and bathe. Even the sound of the bees as they visit the rose bush is pleasant. Hmmmmmmm, I'm not sure if I'm helping myself here, or making it worse. (sigh) Right now, not even all the spring colours in my fabrics are helping the cause. I think I get it now why so many people travel south in March. The warm weather craving is critical. It helps to know that most of us feel this way, but still.........

1 comment:

  1. I was thinking the same thing today when hearing others talk about spring weather in the south.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.