Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Friday 10 December 2010

More before and afters....

Dining room table before
 I was talking to Susan last night on Facebook chat, and she was telling me about some of the decorating that she has been doing in her house. One of the ideas she has was to take a crystal vase, and fill it with glass bulbs and use it as a center piece. I jokingly said that, although I really liked the idea, it wouldn't work because I couldn't even see the top of my dining room table, which was a bit of an exaggeration, but not by much. She is such a good and encouraging and motivating friend. Somehow, I found myself agreeing to a challenge, to take before and after shots, and actually clean up the mess, and do something nice with the spaces. So, here is the result of that challenge. Now, the challenge will be keeping it this way. LOL

Coffee table before


Coffee table after
Dining room table after

 Every year, Scott does a Christmas village on our mantelpiece, and every year it looks different. This year he decided he wanted to contrast the ideas of the busy city, with the peace of the countryside. So, he arranged all the buildings on one side, full of hustle and bustle, and people. On the other side, he arranged a peaceful country setting, centered on the nativity scene, so it could focus the real reason that we celebrate in the first place.  He has blue lights scattered through it, so, at night when the lights are on, it looks cool and restful, and oh so very Christmas. I must confess, that I look forward to him doing this every year.


2 comments:

  1. LOL! We have the same glass vase - wonder where we got it ;) - and Noel filled it with ornaments. It looks pretty. We used to have two, but it turns out they are quite breakable. :)
    Love the village!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea for the village! With the cold weather we are having here, I wish I could hibernate inside instead of going to work tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.