Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Thursday 2 December 2010

More fabric in the mail

I love, love, love, getting boxes of fabric in the mail. The website Thousands of bolts had a sale a couple of weeks ago, and I couldn't resist. Denise, at Count it All Joy, had been making these hexies and that was my take off point. Most of the fabrics are juvenile, baby related, so I have a good take off point for grandbaby quilts. WooHoo!!! That fabric website has a colour matching tool, so I was able to get a lot of coordinating colours. I think they'll make gorgeous hexies, and lots of other stuff. They are all one yard cuts, so there are 26 yards of fabric sitting here on my living room floor. Yummy! Added to that are 11 yards of cream coloured texture fabric, and 6 yards for a backing, for a grand total of 43 yards of fabric that came to live at my house today. Good thing I'm not participating in the stash reduction challenges. Instead, I've added more to my personal quilting retirement fund. (giggle) I think though, come the new year, I'm going to start keeping track of how much fabric is coming into the house, and how much is getting used, if only for curiosity. But now, I get to try and find a place to put all this lucious fabric, and try to finish Amalia's 97x97 inch quilt.

1 comment:

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.