Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Sunday 30 January 2011

Stash report Week 5

A friend of mine, Charlene, who I originally met as a quilting customer, came over on Wednesday evening, and we spent a couple of hours working on an applique project that we are doing together. We got talking about fabric acquisitions, and she has told me that I have a serious problem, that is way out of control. I'm beginning to agree. I had more fabric arrive this week. Several more backings, for those 12 quilts waiting to be quilted, except that I think I now have waaaaaaay more than 12 backings. But, really, I'm going to need backings for all these UFO's that are going to get finished this year, aren't I? And then, baby fabric, luscious, cute and fun and happy, grandson baby fabric. How on earth is it possible to resist all those wonderful choices? Between myself, who now has enough fabric to make him a wall hanging and at least 3 bed sized quilts, and his other grandma, Laurie's mom, who has now knitted 3 baby blankets, this will be the warmest, well covered baby boy ever. LOL However, the good news is that there is only one more small delivery coming, probably sometime this week, and then I'm done. I'll have enough fabric to keep me going, at least until after the baby is born. So, to the numbers, which caused Charlene's diagnosis of a problem:

Used this week:           4.3 yards
Used year to date:       19.7 yards
Added this week:        22.25 yards
Added year to date:     88.5 yards

Go on over to Patchwork Times to see how others are doing with their stash busting.

1 comment:

  1. Woah, Charlene may be right! haha Those are some big "added" numbers. If you make all the projects you've bought fabric for, that baby is going to be well prepared. Did you get some terry cloth for burp cloths? Happy Sewing!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.