Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Monday 11 April 2011

Design Wall Monday April 11

I'm starting to suffer from quilting withdrawal, so I pulled out my #4 for the UFO challenge and stuck it up on the wall to look at.  This is Freeze Frame, a quilt from Patchwork Times, but the last time I went looking for the measurements to finish the last 2 borders, it was no longer on the website. I think the next border will be a gold, the same as in the centre of the quilt. I hope I have enough of it. And then there will be another narrow border out of purple. I haven't checked my stash to check whether I have enough of that, either. If I had been organized at the time of making this, (like that's ever going to happen, LOL), I would have stored them in the same place as this quilt. Oh well, if I don't have it, I can always substitute something else. I've run out of snaps for the diapers I've been working on, and have to wait for more to be delivered, so I guess I can move on to something else. Lets see, what other fun grandson things can I get done before the shower on saturday???? I have a few secrets, and am having fun keeping Laurie in suspense. To see other design walls, go on over to Patchwork Times There is lots to see, and lots of inspiration to find.

4 comments:

  1. I actually like the quilt as it is. The extra borders will be nice too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The things we do for our kids...I am sure they appreciate the "sacrifice" and you will soon be quilting again. If I had that pretty quilt top on my wall I would be seriously itching to get it done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colors in your Freeze Frame. Good for you getting it done. I got mine done in January. Woohoo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes...the next border was the same size as the light one and in your gold fabric, then the final one is a larger dark border. I still love this quilt pattern.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.