Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Monday 31 October 2011

Design Wall Monday Oct. 31



 I must confess to totally enjoying this time off work. I have managed to get soooooooooo much done, both finishing a couple of older projects, and starting a couple of new. Beach Cottage, from the book Scrap Basket Sensations is now a flimsy. It is actually off the "design line" and onto the longarm for quilting. I'm going to try a free hand meandering feather on it.  On my actual wall are a couple of things. The crumb quilt for the Crumb along is almost done. I need to finish off a few more letters, and then some squares for the last side.
Then, I succumbed to the temptation to start a new quilt. It's a pattern I've had for quite some time, called Summer Rental by Miss Rosie's Quilt Company. I'm using the fat quarter bundle of Etchings to make it. I've just started to get into using fabric lines when doing quilts. Beach Cottage was the first time I'd ever used a complete fabric line, in a jelly roll. This is the second time I've done this. So far, I'm happy with the results. These are some of the alternate chain blocks for the quilt. I'm hoping to get started on some of the star blocks today. It's looking rather Christmassy right now, but it won't stay that way. I go back to work on the 12th of November, and would like to see if I can get this one done before then.

I'm linking this post up to the Design Wall Monday at Patchwork Times where there are lots more sights to see.

6 comments:

  1. Cathy, I can't keep up with you!! I love your Beach Cottage -- and Also your Summer Rental?! That's very similar to the blocks I just made! Love it ALL! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. your quilts are great.I've only started using fabric lines in the last year or so...I like them, never thought I would.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the 3D effect of the first quilt design. And I am so curious about the letters for your crumb quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You certainly have been productive - such great projects. I am very happy for you that your eye procedures worked so well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous gorgeous work, love the pictures. All of them! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember the top and bottom patterns. My grandma taught me quilting when I was four. My thumbs hurt too much for me to hold a needle now. I have always loved quilts. I come from a long line of quilters. The dutch girl was always my favorite. Seeing your beautiful quilt in the middle brought back a lot of childhood memories. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.