Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Friday 25 November 2011

Sweet Treats finished


Sweet Treats, aka Swoon, is finished, quilted, bound and washed, and she is so soft and cuddly and delicious to look at.She is quilted with continuous curves in the pieced sections, and swirling feathers in the white backgrounds. I used a variegated thread from Superior threads, a Rainbows thread called Seashells, and an off white thread in the bobbin.



While browsing through the webstore Thousands of Bolts a few weeks ago, I found a fabric that was absolutely perfect for the backing, showing more Sweet Treats. And at the same time I found a striped fabric that was printed on the diagonal for the binding. I love the way it makes it look as if I slaved over doing bias binding. *giggle*. And, of course, I used the Faux piped binding technique, found here which enabled me to do the binding completely by machine, so much faster and easier, and looks pretty good too. I'm linking this Friday finish to the Finish it up Friday linky found over at Crazy Mom Quilts. Go take a look, if you have some free time, at some more finishes.

10 comments:

  1. Your quilting is great. I'm slowly trying to learn feathers. Nice finish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Swoon quilt is beautiful! I have seen quite a few online lately and had to google the pattern. Is it difficult?

    Great binding;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cathy, she's gorgeous!!! I'm so proud for you -- what a wonderful job you've done with this beautiful quilt!! I know you'll enjoy her! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Delightful! Beautiful quilt. Awesome quilting! The quilt pattern is similar to a personal favorite of mine that I blogged about earlier this week. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, beautiful quilting. Very nice:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous quilt! Your quilting is fantastic - love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful quilting. You are very talented.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is so pretty! Congratulations on finishing it.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.