Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Wednesday 16 November 2011

Trying new things


A couple of weeks ago I was reading a post at Denise's Count it All Joy blog about a book she had received in the mail. It's about Faux Applique and the idea immediately intrigued me, especially after seeing the graphics on the cover of the book. So, I took a little time then, to see if I could find out more information about what was actually involved in Faux Applique, and found this tutorial on the authors' blog. I was immediately hooked. Applique, using coloured pencils, and a textile medium to make the coloured pencils permanent. So, I sent away for the book, some coloured pencils and the textile medium. Denise and I have decided that we'll work through the projects in the book sort of at the same time. The first project in the book is a neck pillow with a fairly simple design on it.  I'm going to try and get a start on it today. My fabric is washed, and needs to be ironed, and then I can get a start. In between, there is also  laundry to do, and I want to get a bit of quilting done on Sweet Treats as well, and maybe some sewing on Make Your Point. I think I'll do bits of time on each, and see how far I get.

2 comments:

  1. Yay!! I'm transcribing today, so I'll probably play with it in the morning! I can't wait -- I'm all set and ready to go!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Her work looks amazing! I'll be following along to see how it all works for you.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.