Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Tuesday 20 December 2011

UFO challenge results.

So, this is my UFO list from last year


1. Hexagon Baby Quilt ............... finished
2. Double Wedding Ring ............ some work done on it, but not a whole lot.
3. Grandmother's Diamond Ring, from Judy Martin's Creative.... (I can't remember the rest of the title,       off the top of my head, and the book has temporarily gone missing in the disaster zone of my sewing room) I've been working on this as a leader and ender project, and it is ready to start going together................   didn't get touched
4. Freeze Frame ............ top finished, still needs to be quilted and bound.
5. Endless Chain ............... not much done on this one.
6. Card Trick Swap ............. finished
7.Roll Roll Cotton Boll ................ lots of work done on it, but needs lots more.
8. Cactus Rose ........... I haven't touched it. Mostly, I think it is because once it is finished, it is a really weird size, too small for a bed, but too big for any walls we have here. I am seriously thinking of putting some kind of plain border on it and calling it done.
9. Disappearing nine patch .................... half of the blocks have been made into a top, which still needs to be quilted and bound. The other half still need to be sewn together yet.
10. Crazy Curves ............. finished
11. Kitchen Sink .............. hasn't been touched
12. Cosmati Stars, this is only going to end up table topper size. I actually haven't had this one out of its box in quite a few years, so it could probably come in as the oldest of my UFO's.................................... hasn't been touched.



So, out of 12 projects on the list 3 got completely finished,  and 1 1/2 got to the finished flimsy stage. Five of them didn't get touched at all. Yikes!!! The year started out well with the UFO's, but then just kind of fizzled into nothing. I think it had something to do with a little baby boy named Avery, and his HUGE distraction factor. LOL However, I may not have gotten a lot of the UFO's done, but I did get a lot of other stuff done, for a total of 12 quilts completely done, which does add up to one a month, just not the ones I had on my list. *giggle* Now, if I add in the tops that got to flimsy stage  this past year, there are 5 of those. And this is all starting to make me feel better, since I've only added 3 to the UFO list this past year and 2 of those are more accurately works in progress, rather than the longer term UFO.  So, overall, I came out even.

1 comment:

  1. Cactus rose is by far my favorite in the bunch. I would do what it took to put it in a prominent place in my home, even if that meant leaving some blocks off so I could hang it exactly where I wanted it.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.