Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Sunday 22 January 2012

Stash report Week 4, 2012

With the Friday night sew-in, and all the work I managed to finish on Endless Chain, I used up a bit more fabric. And, As I was cleaning out the chaos (I can never use that word without thinking of the Get Smart TV series villainous organization CHAOS) in my sewing room, I came across block #7 of My Tweets, partially prepped, and partially sewn, before I had to quit working on it due to the cataracts. So, I threw it into its carrying case and put it into my bag to take to work, for my breaks. I am ecstatic to report that I can work on these again. I had forgotten how much I love doing the hand sewing on the applique. It so completely takes me away from the stress at work and into another world while I'm on my breaks.  So, this is now back into the official WIP list. If I manage to get all the rows of the Endless Chain quilt labeled tomorrow, I might put up the progress I have so far on Tweets up onto the wall. It will be fun to visit that quilt again. Anyway, this is supposed to be about numbers:

Used this week:                                       3.4 yards
Used this year:                                      11.9 yards
Purchased this week:                                 0
Purchased this year:                               27 yards
Balance:                                              15.1 more yards in than out. And this number is about to go way up, because I just ordered 4 bolts of fabrics to use for backings. So as soon as they are delivered, the purchased number is going to sky rocket. So much fun.
I'm linking up to the Sunday stash report over at Judy's Patchwork Times. Then I'm off to get some lunch and maybe piece a few string wedges before going in to work this afternoon.

2 comments:

  1. I love skyrockets! LOL! I'm *so* glad you'll be able to work your Tweets again -- especially if it's a good work stress reliever!!! Hugs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I for one will be happy to see more of "My Tweets" - so pretty!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.