Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Thursday 31 May 2012

UFO report

Somehow or other the month of May got totally past me. My UFO didn't even get taken out of the box, although the box did get taken down from the shelf. But that was only because I was looking for some fabric that was in it. Maybe I'll get to it this month?? But probably not. I'm in the home stretch of a long stretch of shifts at work, ending this coming Sunday. My job after that will be to catch up on the customer quilts I have sitting here, waiting for me to do. I am so looking forward to the day, a little more than 2 years from now when, God willing, I can retire to quilt. I can't think of anything that would be much more pleasant than that. But, in the meantime, I quilt on my days off. And on the days I have to work, I play in my sewing room with relaxing stuff, to get my mind into the space it needs to be in order to work.
I've made progress on the  Heartland Star quilt.
Turns out that the goof I thought I made with making too many units, wasn't a goof after all. I really did need all of them that I made. My reading skills really need to be improved. LOL!! I'm hoping to get a start on putting these units together today, before going in to work. Then I can start on the stars that surround the center.

3 comments:

  1. I forgot to even look to see what number Judy pulled for May's UFO, much less do anything with it!! I've not gotten a lot of quilting stuff done in the last month. I feel like I've fallen off the wagon! Your Heartland Star looks fabulous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I like this star! Are they all going to be the same colours, or different?

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!!! That looks really fabulous - those blues work so well together!
    I haven't been here in a while, so I'm a bit behind on your blog - hope your arm is okay again. Looking forward to chatting with you again soon!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.