Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Sunday 3 June 2012

Stash Report, week 23, 2012

It's June...... How can it be June already? Not that I'm complaining, mind you. I love the summer, warm weather, even hot weather, sunshine, summer breezes........ None of which is happening here. It's cold, and damp and wet. I came downstairs from my sewing room yesterday, and as I came down the stairs, the temperature seemed to get hotter and hotter. I couldn't figure out what was going on, until I looked at the thermostat, which read 77 degrees, and then it hit me.... my husband had turned on the furnace..... in June, as he sat in the living room in a short sleeved t-shirt and shorts.  He is really rather funny when it comes to that thermostat. He has it set to higher temperatures in the winter than he does in the summer. We have a running conversation that goes something like this: he says "It's cold in here. Don't you find it cold in here?" At which point I say, "No, I don't find it cold in here. Maybe you should go and put on a sweater."  We compromised on setting the thermostat to 73, but I don't think he ever went and put on that sweater. Ah, the fun differences between a man and a menopausal woman. I wonder if my internal thermostat will ever regulate itself again?
Anyway, I sort of got off topic here. This is supposed to be a stash report.

Used this week:                                1.5 yards
Used this year:                                   48 yards
Purchased this week:                          0 yards
Purchased this year:                        109.25 yards.
Balance:                                           61.25 more yards in than out.
I think I'm putting myself on a fabric diet. No more purchases until the balance numbers come down to at least 25 yards, and I get some of those wish list projects done, and some of the mountains of 2 1/2 inch strips used. I wonder if I'll have the will power to stick to it?
And, as usual, it seems lately, I'm working this afternoon, so I want to see if I can get some playtime sewing in before I have to go in. Also, as usual, I'm linking up to Judy Laquidara's Patchwork Times, where there are others also keeping track of their stashes.

2 comments:

  1. LOL - I gave in last week and now my numbers are slightly less than before. We'll get there. I loved your story about the thermostat. Same here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Must be a "man" thing because my DH and I are extreme opposites when it comes to temps. I'm usually the cold one (but I wear long sleeves then) and he's always hot! A lot has to do with our build - thin vs. heavier!!
    Makes for interesting times.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.