Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Monday 16 July 2012

Design Wall Monday July 16, 2012



I finally have a change to what is on my wall. My Heartland Star, designed by Judy Martin is a finished top. When I first got her new book, Patchwork Among Friends, this was the quilt that caught my eye the most.
This one measures 86x86 and I could barely get all of it into the picture. I already know how I'm going to quilt this one, and have it already scheduled in to be done.

Here's a pic of the quilt straight on. I love the circle of small stars a around the big center star.

And here's a close up of the center lone star variation.  I simply LOVE this quilt. And it is fun to look at it and remember that I bought the fabric on my first meeting with Jannette, a fellow blogger. We had a great time that day, and got on quite well. So well, in fact, that she's coming over tomorrow afternoon for a sew in. Hmmmmm, I guess that means I'd better do something about clearing off some of the table surfaces up in my sewing room, or she'll not have anywhere to set up. LOL!!
I'm linking up, as usual, to Judy Laquidara's Patchwork Times  for her design wall Monday get together.

9 comments:

  1. It is a lovely quilt and you did such a great job putting it together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a lovely quilt and you did such a great job putting it together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Cathy's that's beautiful! I can't wait to see how you quilt it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this one! It's beautiful and not too busy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful quilt top. Lots of white space for some wonderful quilting!! Can't wait to see what you do with it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful. I so love stars and you have done an excellent job! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sew pretty and fresh looking. Love the colors. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh this is gorgeous!! Oh my gosh, this is just beautiful!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's amazing! Can't wait to see how you will quilt it!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.