Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Wednesday 3 October 2012

An almost finish..




It's been quiet on this blog lately. That's because it has been anything but quiet here. I've been working like a madwoman trying to get this quilt finished.
I think I went a little crazy with all the feathers.
All of the small stars are done with continuous curves, with a loop up the center of each star point. The center star has continuous curves in all the diamond shapes.
 
 I did a couple of different style feather motifs in the borders.

 
And here's a view of the back.



 
It needs binding, and, since it is going into the quilt show, it also needs a label and an hanging sleeve.
Now that this is off the machine, I've loaded on Gail's Mystery Quilt. Here's a sneak peak.
Two passes are done on it. I think there are 7 or 8 left to go. So, it's back to work for me.

9 comments:

  1. There you are finally! I kept check on Sunday... Monday... Tuesday... :)
    The quilt looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Cathy...it is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soooooo many feathers! can't wait to see it in person. Can't wait to see my flannel mystery quilt either!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh...it looks so good! I wish I could see this one in person.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the rather 'luminous' look of this quilt!! The back is almost as pretty as the front!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That quilt is GORGEOUS!!! especially the quilting! Were you doing feathers in your sleep the next night? I probably would have been!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing feathers! Love all the photos!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.