Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Saturday 19 January 2013

Grandmother's Choice, blocks 19 and 20

I'm all caught up on the Grandmother's Choice, Votes for Women, block of the week.
Week 19 was called Old Maid's Ramble. This one was a challenge. I ended up ripping out a couple of times, due to getting the triangles either turned in the wrong direction, or in the wrong spot. And looking at the picture now, I just noticed that the brown ones are still turned the wrong way. Oh well, it's staying this way.

 
Week 20 was called Memory Wreath:



I was hoping to be able to do today' before going to work, but it is a bit complex, so there won't be time for that. I'm just going to do a little simple sewing on the 36 patch quilt that is slowly growing.

4 comments:

  1. They look great Cathy. Isn't it a wonderful feeling to be caught up? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure I've EVER been caught up, sewing wise. Good for you! Want to do a few projects for me, since you are caught up????

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the heads up about the challenging block.
    I must get caught up soon or I'll be too far behind to ever catch up! You blocks are yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you, being caught up!! The Memory Wreath block is really sweet. I wonder if there's an "Old Wife's Ramble" block. That's kinda how I feel lately. LOL! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.