Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Sunday 3 February 2013

Stash Report, week 5, 2013.

No sewing or quilting happening here this past week. We are still stuck in the midst of getting the house ready to sell. Scott finished painting the ceiling in the living room, so things are on their way to being put back together. What a nightmare painting these ceilings have been They are covered with that popcorn textured stuff..... the stuff that's all rough and falls off, and gums up the paint roller, because it comes off as it is being painted. What a mess!! But, they are done, and they look good.
We've moved everything in my sewing room. The sewing table has been dismantled, and almost all the wall paper stripped from the walls. It needs to have the walls repaired now, from taking off the wall paper, and then it needs to be painted, and it needs to have the closet put back in. We've got all the stuff we need for installing the closet here. Unfortunately, it didn't come with instructions. However,  I have enough room on top of the dresser I use as my cutting table to put a cutting mat and my GO cutter. I am starting the cutting for a new quilt. It's another Judy Martin pattern called Thanksgiving. It from her book, Patchwork Among Friends. There is a picture of it at that link. It's the one with the leaves. I guess this can count as my February Newfo.
I finally opened one of the fabric packs that came in the mail, since it was all fabrics for this quilt, so I'll be adding it in now.

Used this week:                                   2 yards cut for "Thanksgiving"
Used this year:                                10.6 yards
Added this week:                            10.5 yards
Added this year:                             10.5 yards
Balance:                                              .1 yards more out than in.
I'm going to continue cutting for this quilt, so that, come next Saturday and Gail's sew-in day, I'll have something to work on that is new and fresh and exciting and fun.
The real estate agent is coming over on Tuesday for us to sign all the appropriate papers. We are hoping to have everything ready for a photographer to come on the 12th of this month. I don't know if we'll make it by then, or not. It sure doesn't look like it right now. *sigh* I suspect you are going to be a relieved as I am when this is all done, and you won't have to hear about it any more, and I won't have to write about it any more.
I'm linking up to Judy's Stash report.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, my - I do empathize with painting ceiling. We have to do that and I'm not looking forward to it. Congrats on your numbers - you are in the black - woohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go, girlfriend!! Love those numbers! I need to get it in gear, huh?! Your ceilings sound like they were a nightmare -- glad it's over and looking good! Do you have a buyer already? Thanksgiving is a beautiful quilt!!! Sending hugs your way!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with the house. I remember those popcorn ceilings well. They were always 'raining' on me, because I was always hitting them with something (pillows, toys, etc).

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.