Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Sunday 7 April 2013

Stash Report, week 14 2013

It's done. We're moved. Let the woohoo's begin!! We started early yesterday morning, and I mean early. I saw the sunrise for the first time in many many years. We picked up the rental truck at 7 am. everything went smoothly, and the truck was returned at about one in the afternoon. Now all that remains is unpacking the boxes that remain, and slowly sort things out. What an IMMENSE relief, to have this great big and long process done. Now I can start to actually think about and talk about something else.
This is our living room area with the furniture in it. I'm currently sitting on that couch, with my feet up, facing towards the fireplace as I type this.
This is facing towards my sewing area, most of which is hidden by the couch. This could turn out to be a good thing.
Because this is what it currently looks like back there. But it will soon get better, once the boxes get out of there, and I figure out an easy way to sort out the leftover strips and squares that will go into their specific sized areas.
I did some sewing this past week, so I have stash out to report. Not a lot, but some.

Used this week:                        1.6 yards
Used this year:                         32.75 yards
Added this week:                          0 yards
Added this year:                        127.25 yards
Balance:                                      94.5 more yards in than out.
The rest of today is going to be a rest day. Sew a bit, knit a bit and do some more sewing. I'll work some more on the puppies and kittens quilt, and maybe start to catch up on the Grandmother's Choice block of the week. And I think I might even do a bit of cooking, and try something new in my new kitchen. We went out to the local Costco with Becca a week or so ago to pick up some of those K-cups for our Keurig coffee maker that Brian and Lisa got for us, and while there I saw and picked up a package of really nice looking sweet peppers. So, I'm going to try making up some stuffed peppers. I found a recipe online that looks fairly easy to do.
I'm linking up to Judy's Stash Report.






7 comments:

  1. WOW - I've never moved and had it looking that good that fast. Looks like your sewing area has great natural light.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice new digs. Enjoy your day of sewing and resting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations - you look all settled in already. What a lot of work, but I hope it is all worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. woo-hoo to being moved in! Love how your sewing area is right there-the fireplace is wonderful
    I l.o.v.e. my Kuerig, if you are a coffee addict-it's fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yipee! Now you can settle in. Love the look of that quilt on the top shelf (closest to the fireplace). It caught my eye in all 3 pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cathy, CONGRATULATIONS!!! I'm so sorry I've been so slow to get over here and comment. Your new place looks just fabulous! I'm so terribly excited for you!! Hugs, hugs, and more hugs!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.