Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Sunday 21 April 2013

Playful Friends is a flimsy...

Here they are, in all their cutefulness. (Is that a word?)



I love that little kitten down at the bottom of this close up, hugging that ball of wool! I think some little girl is going to be very happy with this quilt. It has measured out to be 66" x 80", a perfect twin bed size.








                                            And here's a face that hasn't shown up on my blog for a while,  our precious, not so little any
more, Avery. Laurie posted these on her facebook page yesterday, and I'm pretty sure she won't mind me showing them here. I just couldn't resist sharing them. He's 23 months old now, and we talk on Skype every week. He is so smart, says this very proud Grammy. He can count to 10, and he can recognize and name a bunch of letters in the alphabet. He was having some alphabet cookies for a snack as we were chatting this afternoon, and he was naming the letters before he ate them. We usually manage about a 20 minute Skype visit before he gets restless and wants down from his chair to do something else. When it's time to go, he waves good bye and blows kisses. It has been a very long time since we last saw him, back in October at Thanksgiving. We are hoping to make a trip up to their neck of the woods sometime in May. Then I can hug the boy and kiss those cheeks, rather than just looking at them. He tried to share one of his cookies through the computer with me this afternoon. So very very cute. Be still my melting heart............

2 comments:

  1. Love the quilt, but that little guy? He's a scene stealer if I ever saw one! He's not only smart, but also adorable - and you have every right to brag!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Cathy, what a darling he is!! I'm so glad you get to spend some Skype time with him weekly! That's so important! He is a handsome and bright fellow, too! He get it from his Grammy! :)

    Oh yeah -- Playful Friends is darling, too! ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.