Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Monday 19 August 2013

Design Wall Monday, August 19, 2013

 There is nothing on my design wall today, zero, zip, zilch. I haven't even been up there today. These jars here are the reason there is nothing on my wall, because there are 3 quarts of tomatoes and 5 pints of peaches on the counter, and 6 more pints of peaches in the water bath canner. Does it ever smell good in here. And I am so glad that our kitchen is here in the basement, rather than upstairs. It's so much cooler to do this kind of thing down here. I still have tomatoes that aren't ripe enough to process, and peaches as well, that aren't ripe enough yet. So I'll be doing this again later on this week.

While I've been waiting on the water bath canner to process, I've been sewing. It's quite handy having the sewing machine just steps from the
kitchen. I'm working on step 4 of Judy's Road to Brenham quilt along, and actually have it all done. So far, I'm keeping up. Whether I remain caught up remains to be seen. We're going away in the trailer next week, so I don't know if I'll take anything like this with me. the chances of getting a hydro site are pretty slim, if we want to stay over the long weekend. And even if I do take it with me, there is no internet signal at the campground we'll be at, so I won't be able to get the instructions, even if I do take my machine with me.
I'm linking up to Judy's Design Wall Monday link box. By the time I'm done, the peaches in the canner will be ready to come out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.