Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Sunday 8 September 2013

Stash report, week 36, 2013 and Sunday Stitching.

I've been steadily working away at the Road to Brenham quilt along. I'm up to step 11 now. Considering step 13 is released tomorrow, I'm not too far behind now. Judy gives her steps in small bites, so it's fairly easy to get caught back up again, which I like. I'm hoping to get steps 11 and 12 done tonight. This means a small bit of yardage out for that, plus I have 60 Scrappy Irish Chain blocks that I've been working on as leaders and enders for the last year or 2 finished, so I can count those too.

Used this week:                      5.25 yards
Used this year:                     99.25 yards
Added this week:                   2.8 yards
Added this year:               163.55 yards
Balance:                               64.3 more yards in than out.

My next leaders and enders will be to do the alternate blocks for the Irish Chain, and that is going to involve some cutting into fabrics, so I'll be able to count that when I do it, maybe later this week, which means I might hit the 100 yard used mark by the end of this week.
I've done a little bit of hand stitching the last little while, working on My Tweets block #9. I actually sat out in the yard for 45 minutes or so this afternoon, before getting chased inside by the wasps, and got a little bit more done.
The stitching down of the applique pieces is about halfway done. I still need to add the flower centers yet, and the top knots and beaks for the birds.
I'm linking up to Judy's Stash Report and Kathy's Slow Sunday Stitching.

4 comments:

  1. beautiful colors and it's coming along very nicely~!

    happy slow sunday stitching.
    :-)
    libbyQ

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Tweets block is so pretty! What a great project...one of those freebies I passed up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty block and your colour choices are so happy...love it! ENjoy your stitching!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.