Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Sunday 13 April 2014

Sunday Stash and Stitching Report, week 15, 2014

 Well, I fell off the no buying wagon big time this past week. But It's all for a very good cause. These two fabrics here, to the right, are for Avery's third birthday that is coming up next month. He is a huge Thomas the tank engine fan. So, I'm going to make him some pillow cases and some pajamas, and maybe a valance type thing to cover the workings of the roller blind in his room. The stripe is for the pillow cases and valance, and the scattered trains are for the pajamas.
 Then this gorgeous diagonal stripe is for bindings. I love me a diagonally striped binding.
 And then, while blog surfing last week, I came across this post by Teresa and decided that I just have to do some of those blocks, which led to the beginning of collecting black and white prints. I won't be starting it for a while yet. I need to get more of this type of fabrics, and I still have a couple of finishes to take care of.
And that brings me to today's slow stitching. I have a little bit of stitching to do on the green stem of this flower on Cactus Rose, And I can declare the hand work part of this quilt done. And, better yet, most of the paper piecing for the rest of the borders is done as well. Another evening should finish that part of it. I just might make that goal of getting this quilt done by the end of this month. So very, very exciting!!

Anyway, back to the stash report, since it appears my delaying tactics didn't work.

Used this week:                                       .9 yards
Used this year:                                     33.7 yards
Added this week:                                   10 yards
Added this year:                                   35 yards
Balance:                                                1.3 more yards in than out.
That ends the first stretch of using more than I've bought since I started keeping track of my numbers. I'd better get busy making some new quilts, since the stuff in the UFO's has already been counted. Hey, that's a great reason to start something new............... must..... remain.....strong......finish.......UFOS......
I'm linking up to Judy's Stash Report and Kathy's Slow Sunday Stitching.

3 comments:

  1. Cactus Rose is so close to being done...keep going! My stash numbers are not looking good either!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so close...very exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your new additions of black and whites to your stash. Your numbers are looking good too.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.