Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Friday 15 August 2014

On, and mostly off, my Needles

I have a finish!! Woohoo, Yippee, and a little bit of a happy dance! This is Flyaway Hoodie, by Joji Locatelli. I love her designs. I have another of hers printed off, and waiting to be started, and another one yet, that the yarn arrived for yesterday. But more about that later. This sweater still needs to be soaked and blocked to get it shaped properly, but it is done. All the ends are sewn and woven in. And I bought the zipper for it today.

 This is a close up, a bit on the blurry side, of the cable going down the sleeve. The perspective on this picture makes it look like the sleeve is miles long, but really, it's the perfect length for my short little arms.
 And here's the back, and the hood. The sweater is made out of the softest, cushiest yarn. It felt so good to knit up, and then stop and pet it every now and then. Once I get it blocked and the zipper in, I can wear it, so I don't have to pet it. It's Malabrigo Worsted yarn. I cast off the last stitches of the sleeve last night at about 10:30.
And here's the tension swatch for my next project. It's a Malabrigo Rios yarn, which isn't quite as soft feeling as their worsted, but pretty close. It is also a Joji Locatelli pattern, called On the Grass, the same sweater that Judy is making right now. She's such a good role model for us yarn and fabric obsessed people. I also want to make See You There, and I have the yarn for it, and it's all swatched and ready to go. However, I'm ready for something a bit easier, without charts and cables, which is why I've decided to do On the Grass. Plus, I have lots of sweat shirt type warm things to wear for the cooler days, but only one nice sweater pull over, so that helped with the decision as well. I'm linking up with Judy's On the Needles, and then I'm going to print off my pattern and study it, and maybe even start it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.