Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Tuesday 23 September 2014

Gail's Scrappy Mountains

This is Gail's Scrappy Mountains, a Bonnie Hunter free pattern. It's one that is most certainly on my seemingly never ending want-to-do list. The picture here of the whole quilt does not really do the richness of the colours full justice.
The colours  show up much better in this picture, as does the Oak Leaf and Acorn quilting design. The fabrics in this quilt are so much fun. There's sunflowers, and lettuce and pumpkins and green beans, and that's just in the dark fabrics. Knowing Gail, there are lot more fun fabrics in the lights, too. And, If I hadn't fallen so far behind in my blogging about customer quilts, I would have been able to remember what some of them were. This one was done back in May, and I think I remember that it was destined to be a wedding gift. I love being able to quilt with other people's stash fabrics, without actually having to buy them. It's like being able to take stash fabrics out on loan, and then give them back again. And the even bigger bonus, for those of us counting our stash numbers........ I don't have to count them in. ;-)

2 comments:

  1. Ooh I love the colors in this quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those fabrics just scream "FALL". Love the design and quilting on this!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.