Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Thursday 4 December 2014

Lyndsey's Scrappy Trips

Lyndsey does such wonderful quilts, full of bright saturated colour. This one is fabulous! Look at all the wonderful colour! There are a lot of pieces in this baby, and the quilt was quite large, a wedding gift, I believe she said. It's actually a combination of the Scrappy trips pattern, and a Great Granny Square, where it is built out from the middle, with triangles around the outer edge of each block.
It was quilted with an all over pantograph called Trellis Vine. I really like the curves over top of all the small squares, softening all the straight edges, and giving lots of lovely texture as an added dimension to the design.

2 comments:

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.