Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Sunday 8 February 2015

Sunday Stash and Stitching, week 6

I'm hand stitching the Sunday afternoon away, working on adding the last round of pieces to this particular rosette for La Passacaglia, the medium grey stars with light and medium oranges. I had set this aside earlier this week, due to little tiny pieces overload. But I'm ready to pick it back up again. When I get the last of these stars done...... there are 11 left to do.... I can start thinking about what colours I want to go around this big one. Or, I can start working on another big one that goes on the right hand side of those dark grey stars. They all start with the same centre configuration, sort of. I'm wondering, now, whether I should stick to the light and dark greys for the stars, or branch off into other solid colours for the star points. I like the looks of the dark grey interconnecting. But I might be able to make that kind of effect in other areas of the quilt, with different colours. Decisions, decisions..... if I decide on the other solid colours, that means I need some stash enhancement, which is always fun.

Used this week:                                          1 yard
Used this year:                                       15.05 yards
Added this week:                                        0 yards
Added this year:                                        15 yards
Net Busted:                                               .05 yards

I'm linking up to Judy's Fabric Report and Kathy's Slow Sunday Stitching. And then, I'll continue working on this lovely rosette.


3 comments:

  1. Oh, La Passacaglia is going to be awesome. Love the the effect and can't wait to see further developments.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just amazing! I don't think you can go wrong with either choice, but I'd always vote for stash enhancement! Enjoy your stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous. My first visit to your blog. Read your profile...I am also a retired RN enjoying the time to quilt and take on other fun endeavors.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.