Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Friday 1 May 2015

It's quilt show season........



It's the beginning of quilt show season around here. There seems to be at least one every weekend for the next while. Lorna and I headed out to the Thames Valley Guild quilt show this afternoon for a few hours. They have some fabulously talented ladies there. I took quite a few pictures, but didn't always remember to get pictures of the labels.  However, for the beauties I've pictured here, I do have labels. This piece here, to the right was awesome. It contained all kinds of embellishments, and those toadstools were three dimensional. They were stuffed, and come right out from the face of the quilt. And the red fabric used for the top of the toadstools was quilted, as well.


















                                                                                         


This crane was stunning, and the detail she was able to achieve is mind blowing.
                  
Here's a close up of the face. No more comments needed.












This last one was also done by Nancy Trowbridge. In her explanation, she stated that it was an interpretation of a photo of her grandson. It is stunning, absolutely stunning.  I don't know if this photo will biggie size if you click on it. The fabrics she used to achieve the shadows are so different to anything that would seem to fit as facial colours. And yet, the over all effect is just amazing. The show runs today and tomorrow. It's well worth the visit.

2 comments:

  1. I had this show on my calendar, but I wasn't up to going to it, so I'll see a bit of it through your eyes instead! Thanks for sharing the pics and labels!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had this show on my calendar, but I wasn't up to going to it, so I'll see a bit of it through your eyes instead! Thanks for sharing the pics and labels!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.