Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Sunday 31 May 2015

Reunion visit



Scott and I are camping over near Niagara Falls where he was able to meet up with a friend he grew up with out in Alberta. They haven't seen each other in over forty years.

Needless to say, there was a lot of talking and catching up happening. We weren't sure just when they'd be able to meet up during the five days his friend was visiting at the falls, so we booked a campsite at Rock Point Provincial Park.


The weather forecast...... Rainy and cold for the next two days, while the Shepherds are camping. The day we go home, sunny and warm. So, we're going to spend the rest of today hanging out in the trailer trying to keep warm and dry. Scott will likely play some computer games, and I will work on my slow Sunday stitching, and maybe watch a movie. We brought a small TV and a DVDs player, since we knew before we left home that the forecast for this weekend was pretty rotten.
In the meantime, I brought a new section of La Passacaglia to work on. I managed to get one of the large rosettes all cut out and prepped before we left. I'll be working on it for most of the rest of today. I'm starting to get the hang of this blogsy app, but I can't remember how to do the linking thing, even though I did look it up before we left home.

We also went on a small road trip earlier today, to a quilt shop called the Quilting Bee in Fonthill, about 30 minutes from where we are staying. I found some more fabrics that will look great in this project.

2 comments:

  1. I love the way you cut that orange and green fabric! Cold and wet here too...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo so pretty! Love the newest round added... such a fun pattern on that fabric!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.