Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Sunday 31 January 2016

Slow Sunday Stitching and Stash Report

I love Sundays. the day I set aside each week for hand stitching. If I didn’t set it aside, I don’t think I’d ever get any done. I finished the second last rosette for La Passacaglia this afternoon. Tonight’s job is going to be stitching it into the place where it will live. After last week’s post I got to looking around my stash, and my eye happened upon what I think is the perfect border for this project.
I was thinking it would involve a shopping trip in order to find something, but it turns out I had the best fabric here. I have almost three yards of it, which should be plenty to do the job. And best of all, it uses up some of the stuff that I added last year.
I do finally have some stash used numbers to report this week, having made a quilt backing and a couple of bindings.

Used this week:                                            2.4 yards
Used this year:                                              2.4 yards
Added this week:                                              0 yards
Added this year:                                                0 yards
Net stash busted:                                           2.4 yards

As always when tracking my stash, I don’t have a particular goal in mind, as in a certain amount to use, or buying restrictions or anything like that. I do it purely for curiosity to see how much is coming in and going out. With this hand project almost finished, I just might get back into doing things that use up stash a bit more quickly than this has done. So far, it’s been a year and a little bit since I started this thing. Another month just might finish it. Then I have to make a decision about what I do for my next hand work project. For now, I’ll link up to Judy’s Stash Report, Kathy’s Slow Sunday Stitching and Angie’s WIPs Be Gone.





3 comments:

  1. Oh! I like that and the white shapes so up so much that it looks fab. Tell me you're not going to cut straight lines for the edges.

    ReplyDelete
  2. amazing, fabric placement and design work. LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
  3. That border fabric looks perfect for the job - good choice! I'm getting excited to see the finish!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.