Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Friday 22 July 2016

On my Needles....

I’m on the home stretch in this sweater. Down to the last half of the textured section on the second sleeve. I stalled for a bit when I hit the textured section, since I found out the hard way that my stitch count was off. It’s supposed to be a multiple of six, and I was supposed to have 66 stitches. Imagine my surprise when I finished the first round of the pattern in the textured section and found that There were three extra stitches. I got all bummed out, and tossed it into its basket and it sat for a while. Last evening, I went over to Gail’s, and I didn’t feel like dragging my sewing machine over, and I did’t feel like doing hand stitching, so I took my sweater. If there is tinking to be done, it’s best done while chatting with someone to take the mind off the fact that the knitting is going backwards. Happily, the tinking went well, and the textured section is now progressing. I only went back to the plain knit section and fixed the too many stitches by decreasing by three in the last plain stitching round. No way was I going all the way back to the beginning of the sleeve. No one but me will know once it’s done.
I’ve spent today doing the last two blocks in the sampler quilt. It takes a lot of stops and starts while sewing these blocks one at a time and taking pictures for the instructions as I go. Therefore, it also takes a lot of leader/ender squares. My box with the supply of 2 1/2 inch squares ran out, so I hauled out my GO cutter and my 2 1/2 inch scrap strips and cut a whole pile more 2 1/2 inch squares. Tomorrow is the guild’s sew-in day, and I plan on doing sewing that involves frequents starts and stops, so my supply of two-sies that will then become three-sies will grow. I love the process of making quilt units for a new piece while working on other quilts. The new one grows almost by magic.
I’m going to link this up to Judy’s On the Needles, and then head off to bed. It’s going to be an early morning tomorrow........




2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful sweater. Looks very warm too. I too am using my 2.5" squares as my leader/ender this year. It is so fun making a quilt this way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sweater design looks really challenging... way to stick with it!!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.