Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Sunday 7 August 2016

Sunday Stitching and stash report

I haven’t done one of these in a while. It’s been machine sewing all the time, with no hand sewing at all. But that has now changed. My La Passacaglia is all quilted, and off the machine. The binding is made and sewn onto the front of the quilt. Now comes the long, slow process of hand sewing it to the back. I usually do my bindings by machine, but after all the hand work on this piece, it seemed appropriate to do the binding to the back by hand. I’ll plant myself in front of the gymnastics competition in the olympics, and stitch until it is finished.

As far as the stash goes, the added numbers are winning, which means there was a little bit of fun shopping last week. Most of what I bought was for the guild’s comfort quilt program, so it doesn’t count as in numbers for me. However, there was a diagonally printed stripe different from any other I have, so 2 yards of it was added in. This report is from the 11th to the 31st of July. I think I’m going to start doing these monthly to make it a bit easier to keep track, rather than the hit and miss it is right now.

Fabric used:                            6.25 yards
Fabric used this year:             43.1 yards
Fabric added:                               5 yards
Fabric added this year:         50.45 yards
Net stash added:                     7.35 yards

And now, after linking up to Judy’s Stash report and Kathy’s Slow Sunday Stitching, I’m back to doing the binding.



7 comments:

  1. What a perfect project to work on while watching the Olympics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely quilting and looks like the perfect project to be working on during the great TV viewing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the way you quilted it and I agree hand stitching the binding down is a perfect way to finish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great! Can't wait to see it in person!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my! The colors! The quilting! Your quilt is so beautiful - Love it! It looks so....free spirited!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That quilt is so pretty. Enjoy the Olympics and your stitching.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.