Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Thursday 15 September 2016

It’s been 3 weeks.....

How did that time fly by so fast? Seriously, life seems to be flying by at the speed of light. But then again, it is a quilt show year, so that probably explains a lot of it. I’ve been crazy busy up in the studio getting quilts finished. We also went on vacation for the last week of August, so that also accounts for one of these missing three weeks. And, as always, especially in quilt show years, I have to hurry to make up the time taken away while on vacation. Add into that mix, the beginning of the guild year and the stuff that needs to be done for that, and “poof”, time just vanishes.
We went away camping for 8 days. It was strictly a working vacation this year. We had some business to attend to in the Toronto area that took a few days driving back and forth from the campground an hour north of Toronto. After that, most of my days were spent outside, sitting in the dining shelter on the campsite, writing pattern instructions. It made for a very restful office setting, I must confess, sitting outside, listening to the trees and the birds, working away on the computer. No distracting TV or internet stuff like Facebook. Just quality bonding time between me and my laptop. Scott spent his time also bonding with his laptop, except in his case it was games. So, this is what I’ve been working on......  Four patches and flying geese for my new design. I wrote it all up, thinking that a good way for myself to test it would be to write it before I make it. Now I’m seeing if I can follow my own instructions. This is what the finished project is supposed to look like. Can I interest anyone in testing this along with me? The instructions are for 3 different sizes, so you wouldn’t have to commit to making the big queen sized version, unless you wanted to.
And now, time to get back to work. There are lots more flying geese in my future......

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to sew this up!
    I'm not a huge fan of working holidays, but working in a tent, listening to bird and tree sounds - I can think of worse places or situations!






















    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.