Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Sunday 13 November 2016

Sunday Stash and Stitching report

I seem to be back in the groove of stash additions and also Sunday stitching. I finished up block nine of My Tweets today.
Next week I can start in on getting ready for block ten. I’ve been doing some more playing with McKenna Ryan stuff, too.
Would it sound crazy to say that I find the tracing and the cutting and the intricate placing of the fabrics relaxing? Because I do.
I had some new fabrics come in this week. Some was for a workshop that I participated in on Saturday. What a great time we had. It was led by Lorna, over at Sew Fresh Quilts. I got a start on doing her Forest Friends design. I finished this birds block, and got the pieces cut for four foxes. This is going to be a long term project, considering there are lots of other things that have to be worked on and finished around here, but it sure was a lot of fun to get together with a great bunch of quilters on Saturday to play with fabrics and animals.
I have a commission quilt to do, as well, which is going to take priority for the next while. We are having some new graphic designs done for Eagle’s Wings Quilts, and the designer, rather than being paid in cash, has asked for a quilt as payment. She wants this design Bravo Indigo. I’m adapting it to make it larger, and eliminate the flip and dew triangles.

Fabric used this week:                            0 yards
Fabric used this year:                        79.3 yards
Fabric added this week:                       15 yards
Fabric added this year:                    77.45 yards
Net stash busted:                                1.85 yards

I’m linking to Kathy’s Slow Sunday Stitching and to Judy’s Stash Report.




3 comments:

  1. I agree about finding the tracing and the cutting relaxing. I do not find choosing colours relaxing. I do like the shading on that bird block.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You seem to have an animal theme going today! Great projects! I made some baby elephants...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, your My Tweets block nine looks terrific! And I adore the bear -- how fun! I do not enjoy the tracing/cutting part; it makes me anxious! LOL! But I don't find choosing colors relaxing either, so we're in the same boat, there! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.