Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Sunday 4 February 2018

Slow Sunday Stitching

I’m making really good progress on the fifth of Leo’s Mane borders. All the centre plus signs for the 40 blocks are done. Today I’m starting the process of cutting the next fabrics, basting them to the papers and sewing the next set of pieces into place. As I thought it would, this border is going together very quickly. Maybe, just maybe, it will all be done by the end of February. That would be so cool!  Here’s a closeup of the block so far. The spaces at the ends of the yellow pieces will be filled with the navy fabric I’ve been using through the whole quilt and will make the blocks square. I’m getting so excited about having this finished! I’m starting to think about how to quilt it. So far, I haven’t a clue what I’m going to do. I’m hoping sometime before it is finished, inspiration will hit. In the meantime, I’ll keep on stitching.
I’m linking up to Kathy’s Slow Sunday Stitching.





2 comments:

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.